Father’s Day is a time to think about the men in our lives. Father’s Day typically means barbecues and beer, but instead we want you to think about the health of the men in your lives.
One in seven Manitoban men will experience prostate cancer at some point in their lives. Through your support, Crown Auto Group wishes to help those living with prostate cancer. We are continuing this Father’s Day tradition with our family and yours.
For the past four years Crown Auto Group has hosted the “Ugly Tie Trade-In” in support of Manitoban men living with Prostate Cancer. Thanks to your support, a donation of $25 for every vehicle sold at any of our Crown Auto Group dealerships will be given to the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation.
From June 14 to 17, you can bring in your ugly tie and trade it in for a beautiful new vehicle, all in support of Manitoba men living with prostate cancer. This Father’s Day celebrate all the men in your lives with Crown Auto Group and CancerCare Manitoba Foundation.
Patrons of the Crown Mazda Clubhouse of Driving Passion were invited to a special gala to showcase the new Mazda6 on Monday evening.
This special evening included a showcase of the latest Mazda, an “under the metal” look, and a showcase of all the special features in a Mazda.
The event started at six in the evening, with an intimate crowd of twenty people. The evening was restricted to Crown Mazda patrons. The event began with an exclusive sneak peek at the all-new 2018 Mazda6. Mazda is celebrating its fiftieth year in Canada. The cherry-red exterior added a Canadian feel to the Japanese performance vehicle.
Following a tour of the 2018 Mazda6, patrons were invited to a behind the scenes look at their vehicle in Crown Mazda’s very own service shop. On the hoists featured another patriotically red vehicle, this time a classic Mazda5. Crown Mazda’s well-seasoned servicemen demonstrated the importance of undercoating, as well as the fine details that are performed on your vehicle while at Crown Mazda servicing.
Patrons were invited to learn how to locate and change their spare tire and other useful tricks exclusive to their Mazda. Crown Mazda representatives lent their expertise and shared their tips and tricks for a better driving experience with Mazda. A demonstration on how to use Cruise Control and Bluetooth capabilities were one of the many educative lessons shared with Crown Mazda patrons.
The evening concluded with more dainties and conversation back in the showroom. Each patron left Crown Mazda with an air of confidence, and of course, a complementary swag bag.
VALUE ADDED SERVICE
Our Financial Services Team will complete your credit application and review your credit bureau with you
There is no need to run back and forth to your bank/credit union to complete the financing arrangement
DEALER PLANS HAVE BETTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dealer Plans provide dealerships with better interest rates, terms and conditions for their customers
ASSET AND FINANCIAL PROTECTION PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE
Not only are these products fully available to customers who finance, the products themselves can be financed with the vehicle purchase
FINANCING TERMS CAN BE CUSTOMIZED
Dealer plans are more flexible and can be customized to fit a customer’s repayment and credit needs
SAME DAY DELIVERY
Our FSMs can completed all of the required documentation on-site so that you are able to take your vehicle home very same day
BETTER USE OF CASH
The return from investing your hard earned money is greater than the amount of interest you would repay on your vehicle loan
NO OUTSIDE INTEREST OR TIED SELLING
Dealer Plans are specifically made available and dedicated for the purchase of a vehicle (accessories and related asset and financial protection products)
RICHMOND HILL, ON, July 11, 2017 /CNW/ – Mazda Canada Inc. (MCI) today announced that its 2017 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV has earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) “Top Safety Pick+” designation, the nonprofit institution’s highest rating. Every 2017 model year Mazda vehicle tested by IIHS has been rated a Top Safety Pick+, when equipped with optional front crash-prevention and specific headlights.
CX-5 has been awarded as a Top Safety Pick every year since its debut in 2012. This marks the fifth-consecutive year as a “Top Safety Pick+” winner. CX-5’s available Smart City Brake Support and the effectiveness of its standard LED headlights were both instrumental to CX-5 earning top scores in the latest, strictest additions to IIHS’s safety criteria.
“Our Mazda Proactive Safety Philosophy guides us to develop cars and crossover SUVs that are nimble and direct-feeling to help a driver avoid incidents altogether. Our vehicles are designed and engineered to help protect the driver and passengers if a collision happens,” said Masashi Otsuka, VP of research and development, Mazda North American Operations. “To Mazda, safety is about empowering the driver as much as helping to protect him or her. We’re proud of the accomplishments of the CX-5 development team and appreciative of the IIHS’s recognition.”
IIHS evaluates crashworthiness with five tests: moderate and small overlap frontal crashes, a side crash, a roof strength test and a head restraint and seat test that simulates a rear impact. In addition, headlight performance and frontal crash prevention by means of auto-braking and forward collision warning systems are evaluated. To attain “Top Safety Pick+” honors, a vehicle must earn the highest rating of “Good” for 2017 in five crashworthiness tests; an “Advanced” or “Superior” rating for front crash prevention; and an “Acceptable” or “Good” headlight rating.
Mazda models tested for 2017 were the Mazda CX-9, Mazda CX-3, Mazda3, Mazda6 and most recently, the all-new Mazda CX-5. Each received the Institute’s highest Top Safety Pick+ rating when equipped with optional front crash prevention and adaptive LED headlights.
According to IIHS, Mazda is the only automaker out of 16 OEMs to receive Top Safety Pick+ ratings for all 2017 models tested so far this year. The results were possible because all models performed well in the newly added headlight performance category, as well as existing crashworthiness evaluation categories.
From driving alone or transporting the whole family, additional proactive safety and i-ACTIVSENSE driver-aid technologies are available on the freshly redesigned 2017 CX-5, such as Mazda Radar Cruise Control with close proximity warning, Lane Keep Assist, and Traffic Sign Recognition, to help ensure a safe and confident drive. By bringing together enhanced safety features, the latest innovations in Mazda’s lightweight, efficient SKYACTIV Technology and wrapped in elegant KODO—Soul of Motion design, CX-5 also keeps wallets safe by providing remarkable value at a starting MSRP1 of $24,900. The 2017 CX-5 is currently available in Mazda dealerships nationwide.
For more information about the IIHS, visit: http://www.iihs.org/
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 166 dealerships. For additional information visit Mazda Canada’s media website at www.media.mazda.ca.
SOURCE Mazda Canada Inc.
Wes and the Three Bears
This is the story of a guy named Wes who wanted some help to buy a new car. Wes went to many Dealerships and tried to find the perfect vehicle but had no luck. Some of the cars seemed to have seats that were way too hard and very expensive and some of the cars had soft seats and were just not comfortable. But when Wes finally came to Crown Mazda and sat in one of their new cars and was treated special by the staff, he fell asleep in the CX5 in the showroom.
When the Bears (who were the cleaners at the Dealership) came to check on the showroom, they saw Wes sleeping and decided to wake him up. Wes was frightened at first but went back to sleep and first thing in the morning placed his order for a brand new Mazda. Wes liked Mazda’s products so much and the special cleaners that he decided to get a job and tell people about how much he loved his new car.
Wes is still working here at Crown Mazda and is proud to be part of this special company and remains friends with all of the Bears in the showroom.
We love to hear positive feedback from our customers and recently we received a very special email from Carleigh sharing just how safe her Mazda 3 kept her.
“In the fall of 2009, I bought a 2010 Mazda 3 from your salesperson Wes. At the time I was considering my different options, Wes helped make my mind up by selling how safe the car was. He told of a story and showed me pictures of a collision on the perimeter and McGillivray where the driver of the Mazda walked away and horrifically, the driver of the other vehicle passed away.
On Monday, March 14th, I was in a near fatal head on collision outside of Stonewall. My 2010 Mazda 3 saved my life. It was like there was a perfect space carved out for my body to keep me safe. I suffered 2 broken vertebrae and was at risk of paralysis. I heard repeatedly from various health care professionals and witnesses how lucky I am to be alive. I had a spine fusion on Sunday and was home yesterday, three days later, walking, miraculously.
While I have a long road to recovery, I am so thankful to my zoom zoom Mazda 3 as it allowed me to see my 27th birthday, which is today!
I wanted to share this story with you as the safety the car provided me was remarkable. I know that as soon as my cheque comes in from MPI, I will be buying another one, without a doubt.
Please feel free to share the pictures I have attached as they are worth a thousand words.
I have solid faith in this make of car and it’s ability to save lives and reduce impact injuries.”
We are so happy to hear that Carleigh is okay and on the road to recovery. We wish her all the best and are thankful that she could share this story with us.
With summer holiday’s fast approaching many families are thinking about their next great road trip adventure. With so many places to visit and sights to see planning a road trip can end up being a little stressful and frustrating, which is why we’re here to help. Here are a few suggestions on how to plan the greatest road trip of all time.
Plan Your Route And Pit Stops: Save yourself time and stress by knowing where you are going to stop along the way before you leave. Map out locations where you can purchase gas and food so you’re not stuck scrambling last minute. Different people have different traveling styles, some prefer to drive with barely any stopping while others would rather stop and stretch their legs as often as possible, understand the travel preference of your co-travelers.
Accept Changes Along The Way: Change is inevitable no matter how long you’ve been planning. Roads might be closed, detours can occur, you might want to spend more time in a certain location, regardless of what arises keep an open mind and go with the flow. Remember, a road trip should be fun so enjoy a little spontaneity – it makes for the best stories.
Look For Ways To Save: Although driving is more cost effective than flying there are still ways to save while on the open road.
- Fill up your car the day before you leave, you already know where to get the best deals on gas in your city.
- When it is time to get gas look for exits with multiple gas stations and fast food chains, the prices will be lower due to competition.
- Keep the weight of your cargo as light as possible, the lighter your vehicle the more gas mileage you will save along the way.
- Pack your own food beforehand. Eating out at every stop can get old and costly, plus it’s nice to eat along the way instead of always having to stop for food.
Prepare Your Vehicle: Make sure your vehicle is safe and ready to go before embarking on your road trip. Schedule a maintenance appointment with our service department at Crown Mazda and have one of our trained technicians ensure your vehicle is up to par.
The perfect road trip is easy as 1,2,3 and if you follow these simple steps you’re sure to have the journey of a lifetime!
Many of us are in full on spring cleaning mode, whether it’s organizing our homes, sprucing up the yard or cleaning out the garage, it’s the perfect way to say goodbye to the winter and hello summer!
Cleaning your vehicle is one more item to add to your spring cleaning list and if you spend a significant amount of time in your car each day then having a clean one is very rewarding.
Here are a few tips on how to effectively clean your vehicle,
- General Tidy: It’s important to be fully prepared for the cold winter weather which is why we suggest packing your car with blankets, warm clothes, emergency salt or sand bags, shovels, boots and other items needed in sub-zero temperatures. Once spring hits these items are unnecessary and simply take up space the trunk and cabin of your vehicle. Clear all these items out and store them in a convenient place for next winter. Don’t forget to check under the seats for lost mittens, empty coffee cups or anything else that might be hiding out of plain sight.
- Vacuum: Your vehicle might be resembling a beach with all the sand and salt collected over the winter. Vacuum everything from the mats, seats, dash, trunk – leave no surface untouched.
- Dust The Dash: Your dash and console is the perfect place for dust to collect and it becomes quite noticeable when the warm summer sun is shining right on it. Wipe all the hard surfaces down with a damp cloth, including cup holders. If your dash is really dirty use a spray cleaner with a soft cloth.
- Clean The Windows: Use glass cleaner and paper towels to clean all dust and fingerprints off your windows and mirrors. Don’t spray glass cleaner directly on the rear-view mirror, instead spray a cloth or paper towel and then use it to clean the glass.
- Wash The Exterior: Rinse your vehicle to loosen dirt, clean it with soap using a soft sponge and then rinse it thoroughly once again. Dry your vehicle with a soft microfiber towel or chamois and check every inch for chips or scratches.
- Don’t Forget The Undercarriage: Salt and sand can build up under your vehicle. Wash the undercarriage and get into all the nooks and crannies until the water runs clear.
- Clean The Wheels: Shiny wheels are the pièce de résistance – give your wheels a thorough scrub and finish them off with wax or rim protector.
A clean vehicle means a happy owner, follow these simple steps for a beautiful and shiny car.
If you are short on time or prefer to leave your vehicle detailing in the hands of professionals book an appointment with our team at Crown Mazda’s Detailing Centre.
As the saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers” which means slick roads and an increased risk of hydroplaning.
Hydroplaning occurs when a layer of water builds between the wheels of your vehicle and the road surface, leading to a loss of traction that prevents the vehicle from responding to control inputs. The risk of hydroplaning is highest when the rain has just started to fall because light rain can mix with oily residue on the road, making the surface slick.
Here are some helpful tips to avoid hydroplaning and keep you safe on the roads during the spring.
- Make sure your tires are in good condition and properly inflated
- Take corners slowly and brake gradually when roads are wet and slick
- Avoid driving through puddles
- Allow extra distance between you and the vehicle in front of you
- Avoid sudden stops. If you’re coming to a red light or stop sign, slow down gradually by pumping your brakes. If you know a sharp curve is coming, slow down well in advance
- Do not use cruise control when roads are slick
- If you have manual transmission, stay in the lower gears
- If you do skid do not hit the brakes and instead take your foot off the gas and turn your steering wheel in the same direction the rear of your vehicle is drifting – this will help you regain control quickly and safely.
Servicing your vehicle is inevitable, no matter how new or old your car is you will eventually have to take it in to get serviced – the question is, where? There are two main options, either a local repair shop or the dealership.
Here are the top five reasons why you should choose to service your vehicle with Crown Mazda.
- Specialized Technicians: We employ service technicians who are highly trained and considered specialists in working with Mazda vehicles. This specialist training is only offered to a manufacturer’s network of dealerships and doesn’t just include service technicians but also service managers, advisors and support staff. This means that the people working on your vehicle have extensive knowledge on how your Mazda is supposed to perform and they know exactly how to make the necessary repairs.
- Accurate Record of Service History: By having your vehicle regularly serviced at Crown Mazda we are able to keep an accurate and up-to-date record of your service history. This allows us to be better equipped when it comes to understanding the needs of each individual vehicle since we have their prior service records right at our fingertips.
- Manufacturer and Extended Warranty: Dealership service centers honor manufacturer and extended warranty coverage free of charge to their customers. Oftentimes repair shops charge for labor on warranty repairs and may have to order parts that are not kept on hand which could lead to additional shipping charges that could be passed to you as the customer. Our service department has most parts needed for Mazda repairs on hand and readily available which leads to less time for repairs to be completed.
- Genuine Mazda Parts: We are required to use only Mazda genuine parts when it comes to servicing and repairing your vehicle. Many repair shops use generic parts and accessories for repairs but you can rest at ease knowing that we use only the best of the best on your vehicle.
Visit our website to book your vehicle in for a service.